What does Wincache do?
What does Wincache do?
Windows Cache Extension is used to store PHP bytecode. It is the compiled version of a PHP script. In memory making it can be useful when subsequent executions of the same script are needed.
How do I know if Wincache is installed?
Open a browser and make a request to http://yoursitename/phpinfo.php . Search within the returned Web page for a section called “wincache”. If the extension is enabled, then you should see the configuration settings provided by the Windows Cache Extension for PHP.
Where do I put WinCache?
This file is located in the /ext/ subfolder of your PHP installation folder. If it’s not there, you can download it manually from the WinCache official website (just be sure to pick the file matching your PHP version), unpack it and copy the .
What is an OPcache?
OPcache is a caching engine built into PHP. When enabled, it dramatically increases the performance of websites that utilize PHP. From php.net: OPcache improves PHP performance by storing precompiled script bytecode in shared memory, thereby removing the need for PHP to load and parse scripts on each request.
How do I set up OPcache?
How to Install and Configure PHP OPcache on Ubuntu 20.04
- Log in to the Server & Update the Server OS Packages.
- Install and Configure PHP OPcache with Apache.
- Install and Configure PHP OPcache with Nginx.
How do you test OPcache?
- Check which PHP handler is used by the website at Domains > example.com > PHP Settings > PHP support ( PHP version …)
- Check if Opcache is enabled for the domain at Domains > example.com > PHP Settings > Performance Settings > opcache.enable “on”
How do you flush OPcache?
To clear the Opcache on CLI, just restart your PHP command. It’s usually as simple as CTRL+C to abort the command and start it again.
How do I know if OPcache is enabled?
How do I enable OPcache in Linux?
Install and Configure PHP OPcache for Apache Next, install Apache web server, PHP, and PHP modules including the php-opcache module as follows. The next step is to enable the OPcache caching module. Therefore, edit the php. ini configuration file.
When should I purge my OPcache?
8. If your server has PHP 5.5 or higher, you will see an in the admin bar to Purge OPcache. You can read on the PHP manual to know more about OPcache: OPCache improves PHP performance by storing precompiled script bytecode in shared memory, thereby removing the need for PHP to load and parse scripts on each request.
When should I purge my Opcache?
Do I need to clear Opcache?
It stores the precompiled script in shared memory, so there is no need for PHP to load and parse scripts every time. But sometimes, Opcache does not refresh the updated files in the cache. For that, you have to flush the cache, so it can generate the updated cache.
Is OPcache enabled by default?
Using OPcache with WordPress OPcache is enabled by default which you can see in a phpinfo.
How do I disable OPcache?
You need to set it outside PHP:
- If PHP runs as Apache module, use an .htaccess file: php_flag opcache.enable Off.
- If PHP runs as CGI/FastCGI, use a .user.ini file: opcache.enable=0.
How do I know if OPcache is working?
To check if the caching engine works properly, just look at the percentages at the “Overview” tab at the opcache-gui page. If the memory usage and hit rate values are greater than zero, it means that the OpCache is caching the PHP code and the cached files are being used to handle the requests.
How do you clean OPcache?
How can I tell if OPcache is running?
How can I tell if Opcache is running?
What is Opcache Enable_cli?
opcache. enable_cli boolean enables the opcode cache for the CLI version of PHP. This is mostly useful for testing and debugging. Therefore it should be disabled unless you’re really need this.